The Kitchen Hub, by GE Appliances, is the first fully-connected smart interactive hood that combines a beautiful and robust 27-inch smart-touch display with a powerful adjustable 600-CFM ventilation hood. Designed to fit perfectly over a 30-inch cook surface, the Kitchen Hub enhances the cooking experience, and serves as a command center in your home. Unlike other built-in appliance smart displays that use vertical orientation, the Kitchen Hub is conveniently placed at eye-level and uses a horizontal orientation that is optimized for viewing content on the screen.
- Flavorly Guided Cooking App: Access over 5,000 recipes with step-by-step instructions in our Flavorly™ app powered by SideChef™.
- Smart Home Control: Manage your smart home from the busiest room in your house, thanks to the U+Connect app.
- Video Chat and Share the Moment: Two built-in cameras let you video chat with loved ones and take pictures of culinary creations to post on social media.
- Entertainment at Your Fingertips: With full access to the Google Play Store, you can download your favorite entertainment apps like Netflix and Spotify.
- Google Assistant Built-in: Use your voice to preheat your oven, extend tumbling time on your dryer, check your calendar, respond to texts and more.
The Kitchen Hub is a first-of-its-kind 27-inch integrated smart-touch screen and ventilation combo that fits easily above your cook surface. With the Kitchen Hub, homeowners have access to a wide variety of features that can help them improve or learn new culinary skills through the Flavorly guided recipe app, watch their favorite shows on Netflix or Hulu, chat with friends and family via their favorite video chat apps and even access the Google Play store to download their favorite apps. Owners can create a truly personalized experience. Kitchen Hub owners can also leverage voice control with the built-in Google Assistant to control their GE Smart Appliances as well as other smart devices in their home, giving them greater convenience and anywhere control in the Kitchen.
Builders and Contractors:
According to the 2019 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study, 60% of kitchen remodels will include a TV and an additional 30% will include high-tech appliances, further validating that the kitchen is becoming more than just a place to prepare and eat meals. The Kitchen Hub is ideal for the home buyer who sees their kitchen as the center of their home, providing a wide range of features that enhance the kitchen experience like guiding cooking, social cooking through the two built-in cameras, streaming music, movies and TV and smart home voice control utilizing Google Assistant. Not only does the Kitchen Hub have an interactive display, it is a high-performance built-in ventilation hood, eliminating the need for a consumer to put a TV on their counter or mount one to the walls. Also, according to the RedFin presentation “What Home Buyers Want” from last year’s event, homes that include smart appliances sell at higher price point than those that don’t feature smart appliances and tech. So it’s advantageous for the builder and contractor to find a way to incorporate a product like the Kitchen Hub in their kitchens.